1. Communication Objectives
Define the desired communication results
- What are the practical and measurable results desired from the communication activity?
- Where on the Communication Staircase do we want to move the target audience?
- What are the Key Performance Indicators or success factors?
- What would a successful communication do?
- What is the desired change to the target audience – Awareness? Knowledge? Understanding, Attitude? Behaviour?
- How is the communication to influence the audience?
- What do you want the audience to think, feel and do about the key issues, product, brand or service?
2. Audience and Stakeholder Analysis
Define the key audiences and stakeholders
- Who are the main targets of the communication activity?
- What is known about this audience?
- Who needs to be influenced by the communication?
- Where on the Change Staircase is the audience?
- What insights do we have about the key audience?
- What does the audience currently think, feel and do about the key issues, product, brand or service?
- What messages and tone of messages best suit the target audience?
- What are the audiences preferred channels and methods for receiving communications about the key issue, product, brand or service?
- Who are the key stakeholders that have an interest in the communication activity?
- What is their role?
- What is their interest?
- What is their influence?
- What is their responsibility?
Information contained on this page has been published as a guide only and is provided without any express or implied warranty as to its accuracy or currency. – Disclaimer